Our health informatics projects are growing and are diversifying.
Professor in Health Informatics
Excerpts from the job posting on Université de Sherbrooke website (in French)
University of Sherbrooke seeks applications from candidates to fulfill a faculty position as full-time professor researching and teaching in the field of health informatics.
This campaign is part of the unifying themes “Health: Promotion, Prevention and Precision Approaches” and “Digital Era: Intelligent Learning and Organisations.”
The hired candidate will be working either at the Health Campus or at the Main Campus based on the candidate’s field of expertise and to foster interdisciplinarity, knowledge transfer and innovative projects.
The candidates sought are researchers recognized by their peers as having potential or for their achievements in their field. The candidates must propose a promising, innovative research program of the highest quality, while demonstrating interest and competency in teaching.
The successful candidate will be selected by a selection committee according to the following criteria:
- Scientific relevance of the proposal.
- Structuring impact of the proposal with respect to the research themes of the Université de Sherbrooke and its programs.
- Scientific and professional expertise in artificial intelligence and health informatics applied to medicine, more specifically in knowledge representation, data mining and machine learning applied to health data.
- The candidate must demonstrate significant contributions in at least one of the following fields:
- predictive medicine (predicting an illness and its progression);
- precision medicine (personalized treatment recommendations);
- decision aids (diagnostic and therapeutic);
- prevention (predicting epidemics, pharmacovigilance, health trajectories).
- Expertise in Big Data or ontologies with applications in medicine will be considered an asset.
Read the full job posting on Université de Sherbrooke website (in French)
Software Programmer Analyst
We’re looking for software programmer analysts who will contribute to the health informatics systems that we are developing.
Do you want to work on research and development projects that will improve people’s quality of life?
Would you like to join a friendly team in which researchers, undergraduate and graduate students, analysts, programmeurs and research professionals work together?
Do you want to put your skills into practice and address complex problems that are evolving continuously?
You hold a university diploma in computer science and you have acquired experience as a software designer and developer?
Most of all, you’re a team player who is looking to develop top-quality software components?
We’d like to get to know you…